String Riffs composer Karen Koger creates original music for young players ranging from elementary school beginners to high school musicians.
- Segmented and multi-level pieces for strings in a wide range of musical styles
- Music aligned to federal and state standards
- Unique concept maps for planning and lesson facilitation (in Teacher’s Score for Method Volumes)
- Substantial viola, cello, and bass parts in advanced volumes
- Classroom-tested repertoire
Original Music for Strings
Fun tunes like “Saddles and Spurs” and “Arizona Rodeo” combine Southwestern charm with techniques carefully designed to improve speciﬁc skills. These versatile compositions adapt easily to teacher preferences in articulation, rhythm, tempo and style as integral building blocks in the string classroom, offering differentiated instruction aligned to state and federal music education standards. Lower strings receive equal attention thanks to the composer’s background as a cellist.
String Riffs Volume Two Teacher’s Score
Herkimer the Orchestra Elf
String Riffs Student Volume One – Viola
String Riffs Holiday Volume